I got back to my ThinkBigger client right away last Saturday. I wasn’t exactly sure if I knew how to modify the WordPress site to make the home page change, but the other email issue would entail a call to the service provider. I figured that there was some risk to us, not so much about whether we could or couldn’t do the job, but that it might take us a while … even putting our heads together. Not to mention the time to get in driver’s seat, make sure we had a backup, and that we were clear about when they wanted the job done.
She called her contact and got the word that the original developer wanted $350 to do the tasks, and figured ThinkBigger could do it cheaper! We discussed it, and because of our newness to the situation, and with limited experience, she backed out of the RFQ.
We met on Monday to look at my internship form and what I proposed. She wanted to make it flexible for both of us, so I re-wrote it and met again with her on Wednesday to have her sign it. In the mean time, she wanted me to research some WordPress templates that might be a fit for her larger project, a re-vamp of Woodland School’s site (Milwaukee) in WordPress. She also thought that developing on MAMP would be a good idea, which I’m growing fond of.
I fired up the MAMP servers, for me and at her place. She was doing the site layout and any design work, so I was to test theme features and plugins, and optimize images. When I couldn’t get the theme to deliver sticky menus, I looked into some plugin options on Envato to make the menus sticky. I got excited about the Ubermenu plugins, purchased and installed them.
I plan to stop by her place tomorrow to get my timesheet approved.